Manage, Malleable, Masterpiece, Motivate, Moving
“Have a great day!” It is a phrase I have used often until it dawned on me that wishing someone a great day is a passive statement. So, I changed it to, “Make today a magnificent day!” Now, I am in charge of making my day great. Once I understood this simple truth, it changed the way I live my life. We leave our mark on the world every day, and in the process, we can find satisfaction in our pursuits. Here are some ways we can turn today into a masterpiece:
- Stop putting things off. Don’t wait for the perfect moment. Now is the time.
- Set clear goals, define actions needed and take measurable steps toward achieving each one.
- Identify distractions and time wasters that you can control. You have the right to determine how to use your time.
- Put today on your calendar. Too often our goals are based on a “someday” timeline. Define today as the day!
- Focus on excellence. Never settle for second best when aiming for a life goal. “Good enough” isn’t good enough.
Each day has 24 hours, 1,440 minutes or 86,400 seconds. Once spent, none can be reclaimed. Each is precious and unique. Manage your day in such a way as to make it a precious present! You have the power to decide whether it will be a bad day, a good day or a magnificent day. If you focus on excellence from the moment you get up in the morning until you lie down at night, you will find that every day of your life is an experience of excellence. Enjoy every magnificent moment of your life.
Missed the beginning of our journey through the alphabet? Check out the rest of Getting Back to Basics.
Members, are you following along? If you want to create your own words to enrich your positive self-talk, download Real People … An Alphabet Adventure from the Chapter Contests and Activities in the Members Area of our website.