With Thanksgiving just days away, this week’s Wellness Wednesday is dedicated to one of my favorite parts of the holiday — the leftovers! The below recipe for a Thanksgiving Leftover Quesadilla is a contemporary take on classic and seasonal favors. Leftover turkey and cranberry sauce are folded in a tortilla with shredded cheese and grilled to melty perfection.
- 1 8-inch flour tortilla
- 2 oz. leftover turkey breast, shredded chunks
- 2 T. leftover cranberry sauce
- ¼ c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese, reduced-sodium
- vegetable oil spray
1. Preheat a nonstick griddle over medium heat.
2. Cover half of a tortilla with turkey, cranberry sauce and shredded cheese. Fold in half.
3. Spray the bottom side of your tortilla with oil and place cheese side down, pressing your spatula on top to hold everything together if needed. Cook the first side to golden brown, top the second side with nonstick spray, and then flip it carefully to brown the second side.
4. Once everything is golden brown and melty, put your tortilla on a plate and cut into 3 to 4 slices for easier eating. Dip in additional cranberry sauce if desired!
Per serving: 371 calories (113 from fat), 12 g total fat (5.5 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 303 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 29 g protein.
Exchanges: 2 starch, 4 protein, 2 fat, ½ other carbs.
This recipe will help keep you fueled and energized for a day of holiday decorating or hitting Black Friday deals.