Sometimes you just don’t feel like cooking. And maybe “sometimes” is more like “all the time,” and that’s okay too. I love to cook, but occasionally the thought of prepping, dirtying pots and pans, and cleaning the kitchen sounds terrible. For those times when cooking seems like too much work and takeout isn’t an option, try one of these easy mini meals combinations.
- Whole-grain toast topped with avocado and dill or red pepper flakes. Feel free to add your favorite herbs or a crunchy veggie like sliced cucumbers.
- Cottage cheese topped with salmon (from a pouch or can is A-OK).
- Corn tortillas filled with melted cheese, black beans (drained and rinsed), and salsa.
- This 3-ingredient smoothie.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs with smashed avocado, kosher salt, and chili pepper sauce.
- Roasted chickpeas tossed with whatever frozen vegetables you have.
- Sliced apple with string cheese and turkey jerky.
- Cottage cheese with sliced apple and shelled pistachios.
- Whole-grain crackers with hummus and sliced vegetables.
- Lettuce wraps made with rotisserie chicken.
Do you have any meal hacks for when you don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen? Tell me about them in the comments section!